EMARE : European Media Artists in Residence Exchange (EMARE) – Résidences croisées pour artistes multimédia européens.
Le réseau européen EMAN # EMARE (European Media Art Network – Réseau européen pour l’art multimédia # European Media Artists in Residence Exchange – Résidences croisées pour artistes
multimédia européens), encourage et soutient la recherche, la production, la promotion et la diffusion de l’art multimédia en Europe. Le but de ce réseau, constitué de laboratoires d’art multimédia, est de permettre aux artistes européens de tisser des liens étroits avec des structures spécialisées et de mener à bien des projets en collaboration avec celles-ci.
The European Media Art Network offers residencies for Media Artists in the fields of digital media including Internet and computer-based artists, filmmakers, and those working in media based performance, sound or video.
Artists with European residence or a European passport can apply for a two-months residency at one of the following institutions:
- IMPAKT, Utrecht, Netherlands http://www.impakt.nl
For a residency at Impakt in Utrecht applicants have two options:
a) a residency project that connects to the theme of the Impakt Festival 2017: Haunted Machines and Wicked Problems. In this case the residency will be 2 months within the period August, September and October 2017.
b) a residency that fits with the general focus of Impakt: a critical view on the role of media and technology in our society. In this case the residency will be 2 months within the period November 2017- June 2018.
- Bandits Mages, Bourges, France http://www.bandits-mages.com
2 months within January and April 2018. Theme is queer, race, post-colonialism.
- FACT, Liverpool, United Kingdom http://www.fact.co.uk
2 months within autumn 2017 or spring 2018. Theme is Play.
Particularly exploring video games and artists as games-maker, or Young People and Learning projects.
- Werkleitz Centre for Media Arts, Halle, Germany http://werkleitz.de
Mid- October to Mid December, no theme
Students are not permitted, but young artists are encouraged to apply. However, there is no age limit! EMARE includes a grant of 2.500,- Euros, free accommodation, travel expenses up to 250,- Euros, free access to the technical facilities and media labs within the host institution and a professional presentation.
Applications should be submitted online and must include a CV, (audio)-visual documentation and a preliminary plan or sketch of the proposed project to be developed within the EMARE programme.
Artists with residence in, or an identity card originating within, Europe can submit their proposals here: www.emare.eu / call.emare.eu
Deadline for Applications: 20th of July 2017, 12.00 Central European Time (after which time the section of the website will be closed).
- In order to apply for an EMARE residency online, you need to register with this website.
- If you have not yet registered, you can do so by following the « Register » link above.
- Once you have completed registration, you will be assigned a personal log-in account, through which you can access the online application form.
- Your application is stored online in the ‘My submissions’ section of your account, where it is available for you to edit any time up until the deadline: 20th of July 2017 (after that the section of the website will be closed).
- Please note that it is permissible to submit more than one application via your personal log-in.