MeetFactory announces an open call for the submission of projects to complement the Kostka Gallery 2018 exhibition programme.
The call is addressed to Czech as well as foreign authors active in the fine arts, architecture, design, stage design and related disciplines.
Winter and Summer Calls
Kostka Gallery is characterized by its non-gallery typology and variable conditions influenced among other things also by weather change conditions. The Gallery premises, converted from what used to be the boiler room of a technical glass manufacturing works, are shaped as a Cube (Cube = Kostka in Czech). The space is neither heated in wintertime nor air conditioned in summertime, and is not insulated against humidity.
This is why the Call is addressed (although not exclusively) to authors of projects who can, thematically or technically, make a good use of the specific conditions offered by the Gallery premises and who succeed to incorporate the variability and coincidences of the Gallery’s environment in the creative process.
The authors are invited to send in their projects for the Winter and Summer Calls to be exhibited in the following periods:
Winter Call: January–March 2018
Summer Call: June–August 2018
Amenities provided by MeetFactory:
- basic installation assistance
- financial coverage of minor cost items not exceeding EUR 1000 (which can cover part of the traveling cost)
- printing of exhibition postcards of A5 size
- printing of curatorial texts describing the exhibition in both Czech and English, including translation
- the basic PR (press release, social networks etc.)
Deadline: 31 August 2017